Monday, March 30, 2009

Roberto Saviano on the topic of Camorra

Someone I know has insisted I should update my blog. And I know she's right 100 percent. So here's something that aired on Italian TV last week.

Roberto Saviano, author of Gomorrah, was host of Che Tempo Che Fa, an Italian TV show. Saviano talked about the immense power of the Camorra and how the Italian media shapes, controls and manipulates information. Very scary reality that gave me a good dose of anxiety and anger.

I feel so bad for Saviano. He deserves a life. The problem is and remains that people's lack of response lets easily the Camorra gain power - a power that is, according to Saviano, far superior than the Italian government.

Here's Saviano talking on public television. It's all in Italian.

2 comments:

rebex said...

it's really unfortunate that i don't speak italian... but i don't. can you give a little more detail about what saviano said? i would be grateful.

Wannatravel said...

Thanks for the update. As always, you contribute challenging topics. -MB